- Pre-cast concrete pipe 6 feet in diameter with 4 inch thick wall
- After casting it was deemed to be bullet-proof in 24 hours
- Weighed 32 cwt
- Constructed without the use of steel re-inforcing and relied on sandbags for internal protection of occupants
- Normally 4 feet high with 6 loopholes, each of 4 x 10 inch size
- Similar in design to the “armco” fw3/25 design
Norcon with concrete sectioned roof and brick finish covering the ford on the River Frome at Moreton,Dorset.
Here’s a walkround video of a Norcon pillbox at Lyrawa on Hoy, Orkney.