Coastal Battery. The surviving remains of this battery consist of two gun emplacements, magazine, engine room, battery observation post and three searchlight emplacements. In June 1940 two 4-inch guns were emplaced, being replaced in July 1940 by two 6 inch guns. The two 4-inch guns were moved to Calback battery at Sullom Voe (Scottish NMR HU37NE 10). Shetland Islands Council have now purchased the site.