Prefab or Stent Pillbox, Beadnell
- Prefabricated Shuttering made from Paving Slabs And Slotted Posts
- Main sections bolted together
- Precast Loopholes
- Usually has very poor quality concrete core.
- Four Loopholes and Large Doorway
- Concrete Shelves for Guns Fitted
- Prone to Peeling with Age
- Occasionally found with panels assembled inside out.
Loophole shelf detail.
Photo Tim Denton 2013
Interior detail showing doorway and rare location number 14B Photo Tim Denton 2013
Prefab at Dunstanburgh Castle. Scheduled as part of the castle. Photo Colin Anderson
One of eight Prefab Pillboxes found on GHQ Line A in Hampshire and Surrey, variations include lack of stepped embrasures and a strengthened roof. Photo Tim Denton